Sunday, July 13, 2008

French-Italian Chicken Salad

My friend, Eloise, served this at a baby shower and it was so good that I had to get the recipe. I have added quite of few things, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. This is a great fresh flavor on a hot day, and you don't have to heat up the house! It also makes a big batch for left-overs. Hope you enjoy.



French-Italian Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
3/4 cup French Salad Dressing
1 cup Mayo
2 tbsp mustard
1 cup chopped celery
1 tsp dill or Italian Herbs
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

(All this stuff is optional- put in what you like)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I saute' a green onion because Doug likes it best like that)
1/2 cup chopped pickles
two diced tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced olives
1/2 cup sliced grapes
1/2 cup grated cheese

*Stir together all the ingredients and serve over lettuce on French Bread or a tortilla shell. (I bet it would be good in a pita, too.) Regular bread would also be fine.

No comments: