Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lemon Pepper Pork Chops with Cilantro/Cantalope Salsa


This is a recipe I found and kind of modified. I thought it tasted delicious and I would highly recommend it. I was so surprised at how yummy the cantaloupe was in it! A totally unexpected flavor! Try it out!


Lemon Pepper Pork Chops with Cilantro/Cantalope Salsa

In a frying pan:

Saute' thinly slices strips of pork chops in 1 tbs oilive oil and 2 tbs of lemon juice. Sprinkle with 2 tsp lemon pepper and salt and pepper.

In a Bowl, stir together:

3-4 sliced tomatoes

1 ½ cup sliced cantaloupe

½ cup green pepper

2 green onion stalks

2 tbs minced cilantro

1 tsp salt

2 tbs lemon juice

1 can black beans

*Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Momma Kaye said...

I remember tasting this delicious cilantro cantelope salsa. It was so good! The cantalope gave it a sweet mellow flavor. I'm anxious to try it when my tomatoes come on. I love all of your beautiful photos. You are a great cook! You must have learned it from your mother-- ha!