Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Festive Franks


I bought this little appetizer cook book at a dollar store that was going out of business… and well, I wonder if any of the recipes would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a really fun, cheap appetizer that tasted great.

Festive Franks
1 can (8 oz) crescent roll dough
5 ½ teaspoons barbecue sauce
1/3 cup finely shredded cheese
8 hot dogs
¼ tsp poppy seeds (optional)
*Note: I only had 4 hot dogs, so I actually didn't cut my crescents in half- that is why the are bigger... also sorry for the sloppiness. :)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray large baking sheet and set aside.
2. Unroll and separate dough. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make 2 triangles. Lightly spread BBQ sauce over each triangle. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Cut hot dogs in half and lay on eat the large end of each triangle. Roll up triangle starting with the large end. Place on baking sheet at sprinkle with poppy seeds.
4. Bake 13 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Cool a few minutes on baking sheet. Serve with additional sauce for dipping.

No comments: