Sunday, November 8, 2009

Zesty Chicken Tortilla Bake

Absolutely delicious! I hope you try this one! I thought it was so good! I really liked the idea of using mayo and flour to make a white sauce, instead of butter. It came together really well. I was in hurry too, and I sped things up by making it into a layered casserole rather than wrapping each one individually. All in all, I thought this was a great recipe... one I will definitely make again! (Also found it on the Kraft site.)

Zesty Chicken Tortilla Bake
1/2 cup Mayo
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces (I just used canned chicken drained to save time.)
1/2 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
16 flour tortillas (6 inch) (I used corn tortillas and they gave it a really good flavor.)

HEAT oven to 375°F.

MIX dressing and flour in medium saucepan with whisk until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Reserve 1 cup sauce.

STIR chicken, salsa and parsley into remaining sauce; spoon 1/3 cup down center of each tortilla. Roll up. Place 8 roll-ups, seam-sides down, in each of 2 (13x9-inch) baking dishes sprayed with cooking spray; top with reserved sauce and remaining cheese.

BAKE 25 min. or until heated through.

No comments: