Here is another pie from Bekah- She brought two winners!!! I didn't realize how much I like Pecan Pie! This was so good and the beauty alone was enough to win the blue ribbon in my book! It looked so pretty- the kind you just hate to cut into. :) ...And yet...
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Basic Pie Crust, rolled and fit into a 9-inch pie plate
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in lowest position. In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes (or melt chocolate in microwave). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together (do not whisk) eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stirring constantly, gradually add melted chocolate. Pour filling into prepared crust; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange pecans in one even layer over filling.
- Bake just until set (filling should jiggle slightly when pie plate is tapped), 50 to 60 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool completely on a wire rack, at least 4 hours (or up to overnight) before serving.