Thursday, November 12, 2009

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Here is another option for you. I have to admit, I didn't like the flavor as much. Doug thought it was pretty good, but the buttermilk and hotsauce were too strong for me. I did like what the dill added. It seemed appropriate for something "ranchy" so I think next time I'll use the Betty Crocker recipe, but add some dill. (Picture from Taste of Home.)

Rachel Ray's Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
1 cup buttermilk
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 garlic clove, grated or finely chopped
A few dashes of hot sauce
2 T fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 T fresh dill, chopped
2 T fresh chives, chopped

Mix together the buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic, hot sauce, parsley, dill, and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: