Betty Crocker's Buttermilk Biscuits
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Cups Flour,All-Purpose
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
1) Mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
2) Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs.
3) Stir in the milk until the dough leaves the side of the bowl (dough will be soft and sticky).
4) Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 10 times.
5) Roll or pat the dough into a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut with a floured 2-1/2 inch round cookie cutter and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, touching for soft sides and about 1 inch apart for crusty sides.
6) Bake at 230° C (450° F) until golden brown (about 10 to 12 minutes).