Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gooey Caramel Popcorn

I LOVE caramel popcorn... nearly to the point of addiction when it sits in a big bowl in front of me. I could inhale it, and it's not a pretty sight. I think it is because when we were young, my mom made a huge batch of popcorn every weekend, but no matter how big the batch was, it was just never enough. It was like a race to get through the popcorn, and I have noticed that with each of my brothers and sisters now, it is still the same, it is like we think we won't get any if we don't hurry through. Well, this is a great caramel popcorn recipe, and whether you are an addict or not, you might just end up inhaling this one! :)

Caramel Popcorn
1 cube butter
1 cup karo syrup
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 can sweet condensed milk

Bring to a boil and stir constantly. Remove from heat when it reaches soft ball stage. Pour over the popcorn. (Two big bowls looks like the picture, and one big bowl makes it super caramelly covered.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Is this like gooey caramel corn or crunchy caramel corn??

Kim said...

This is the recipe I use too! mmmm I just made some last week. It is yummy on apples too! I miss your face!