Monday, July 6, 2009

Pesto-Ham & Turkey Layered Loaf


"Some like it hot, some like it cold..." but either way, this makes a great fresh tasting sandwich! I actually didn't bake mine and it was delicious, but I am including the instructions for cooking it because it is yummy that way too! I made a few changes from a recipe I found, and I was excited to add this one to my collection. It is different then anything I've made. The pesto is strong, but from some reason, it tones down in the sandwich. I also really liked the avocados! Hope you try this one!

Pesto-Ham & Turkey Layered Loaf
1 loaf garlic French bread (or plain)
1 cup prepared pesto
1 lb. thinly sliced deli ham and turkey
1/2 lb. provolone or mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 avocado (or 2 small zucchini's sliced)
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup sprouts

Cut the top half off the bread, and either hollow out center, or firmly press down. Spread pesto on the inside of top and bottom of bread. Set top aside.

In bottom of bread, layer meat, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and sprouts. Gently press layers together. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: