Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Perfect" Peach Pie and Crust


Oh heaven!!! This peach pie truly is perfect! I got this recipe from my husbands old neighbor growing up. Bliss! You must try this. It is really quite simple, perfect if you are trying to make a nice pie in a hurry. You can use cool whip, but I definitely recommend the old fashion whipping cream method. It taste so much better. Good luck restraining yourself from eating the whole pie by single-handedly! I know I could! :)

Perfect Peach Pie and Crust
Crust:
1/2 c butter
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1 c flour
*Cut together with pastry cutter. Press into pie dish and bake 350 for 12 minutes.

--After the "perfect" crust has baked and cooled:

Cream together:
1/4 c solf butter
1 c powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
Add:
2 tsp cream
1 tsp vanilla
*Pour into pie shell on top of cooled crust. Top with fresh sliced peaches and whipped cream. (I used about 3 good sized peaches and real whipping cream. I also crumbled a little bit of gram-cracker on top for texture.) Refrigerate until serving.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: