Friday, October 10, 2008

Momma Stew's Crepes and Filling

"Heaven... I'm in Heaven..." When I eat Momma Stewart's crepes that is the song that reels in my head. Basically, she is amazing at this. It is like an art/science. She even has a special little crepe maker. It is amazing and this is probably my very favorite treat/tradition at the Stewart household. I especially love the filling. Oh so good! I love all the different things you can put in a crepe- from every sweet kind of fruit, syrup, or jam, to just a yummy ham and cheese melt. Fabulous creation! Thanks for the recipe Momma!

Momma Stewart's Crepes and Filling:
Crepe Batter:
3 eggs
1/4 t. salt
2 cups flour
2 cups mild
1/4 cup melted butter or oil ( I prefer the butter)
*Just mix together well.

Filling:
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
This is creamy and smooth if you use the blender to mix it, but if you
like to taste the bites of cottage cheese etc. just use a beater.

Toppings...what ever you can imagine!!! (We usually do strawberries, bananas, peaches or some kind of fruit. I love Natella and mom always finds an amazing fancy syrup to put on it, and don't forget whipped cream!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: