Friday, October 10, 2008

Chicken Divan

I came across this recipe in one of my husbands mission cookbooks. I thought it tasted pretty delicious. Hope you enjoy!

Chicken Divan
1 package frozen broccoli, chopped (or fresh)
1 cup cooked chicken, cut into cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayo
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 c bread crumbs
2 T butter or margarine, melted (I left this out)
1 c shredded cheese
(I also added a T of mustard just for kicks :)

*Cook broccoli according to package directions, drain. Arrange in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Arrange chicken on top of broccoli. In a large bowl, combine soup, mayo, lemon juice, and curry powder. Mix well. Pour over chicken. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly hot. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese; return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leslie said...

This is a standard recipe at my house. I crave it like 3x/month! Only I up the curry by like oh... 4 T. It's bright yellow when I'm done, but you gotta love curry! Oh and I made your cafe rio... Oh dang. I was the one who was in heaven. It was absolutely DELICIOUS!! We ate it for like three nights in a row, salads, burritos & rice bowls. Can't do much better than that!