Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jenster's Yummy Brownies

In college, I had an awesome room-mate that made incredible brownies... pretty much whenever we requested them... which was very frequent. (Hence... freshman 15!) The most she asked for was an occasional stick of butter or scoop of cocoa. She was so good about it and they always tasted amazing. It is almost not fair to post this, because she always put this amazing chocolate frosting on top... but I started making these due to a serious pregnancy craving I was having at 11:30pm and frosting just seemed like too much at midnight, :)... it really did take me back to the good old days! :) I like this because they aren't too dark chocolate- I know some people like that, but these are perfect to me... almost more like an amazing cake. Anyway- thanks for the standby recipe, Jenster... and thanks Momma Mullis, where I think the recipe originated! :) Hope you all enjoy!

Jenster's Yummy Brownies
2 cups sugar
2 cubes melted butter (I was feeling guilty so I substituted 1 cup applesauce and it turned out great. :)
5-6 T cocoa
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

*Mix well in order. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Top with yummy chocolate frosting... and devour with a nice swig of milk!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

aunt choody said...

Yum! I came looking for your favorite brownie recipe. This one is a keeper.