Sunday, October 17, 2010

Buttermilk Brownies

Do you sometimes wonder if all I do is make brownies? I feel like I have ten different brownie recipes. I was feeling like throwing buttermilk into something, and brownies just seemed like the right thing. This made a really yummy concoction; however, it wasn't the "brownie" texture and taste that I was looking for. It was more like cake. I like a thick, gooey brownie, and I am still kind of looking- even though I've made a million... I'm still open to that perfect recipe. :) I think Jenster's Brownies are still my favorite so far. I did like the flavor of these though- not bad at all. Chocolate is chocolate. :)

Buttermilk Brownies (Cook.com)
1 c. water
1 c. butter
1/2 c. cocoa
2 c. sifted flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 slightly beaten eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Frosting
In saucepan, combine butter, cocoa and 1 cup water; bring to boil; stir constantly. Remove from heat.

In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, soda, and salt; stir in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Add cocoa mixture; mix until blended. Pour into greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan. Spread evenly. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

FROSTING FOR BROWNIES:
Mix 1/4 cup butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa and 3 tablespoons buttermilk. Cook and stir until boiling; remove from heat. Beat in 2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spread evenly over brownies.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: