Sunday, October 10, 2010

Microwave Fudge Pudding Cake (Crazy... I know!)

I got this recipe from one of my sister-in-laws cook books. I believe it was a Betty Crocker Dessert cookbook. This is kind of a funky recipe because you microwave it, and it has kind of a different texture, but it is still pretty good. My neighbor gave me some raw chocolate nibs that I ground up and used in this as well. It was kind of fun to try them out, but I think the amount of sugar in this one canceled out any good the "raw chocolate" might be doing. :) Still, fun to try! It is pretty easy because all the magic quite literally happens in one dish- who doesn't like that?

Microwave Fudge Pudding Cake (Better Crocker)
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 T baking cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 T oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 3/4 cups boiling water

1. Mix flour, sugar, 2 T cocoa, the baking powder, and salt in 2 quart microwavable casserole dish.
2. Stir in milk, oil, vanilla. Stir in nuts. Spread evenly in casserole. Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over batter.
3. Microwave uncovered on medium (50%) 9 minutes; rotate casserole 1/2 turn. Microwave uncovered on high 5 to6 minutes or until top is almost dry. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

This looks quite delicious. Do you think wheat flour would work? I'm going to try it--my kids would love the idea of nuking a cake. :)

Amy Jo Romney said...

I remember that! It was really easy, but the texture was not quite the same as a baked cake. Still yummy.