Tuesday, September 7, 2010

South Carolina BBQ Pork Sliders

OK... here it is! My NEW FAVORITE way to slow cook pork. I have made it twice since I discovered it. Dare I say that I like it as much as, if not more than my "Famous" Cafe Rio Pork... DARE I??? Indeed, I do. (Which is saying A LOT because I STINKIN' LOVE the Cafe Rio Pork!) But much of my love for this new recipe is a result of the SHEER SIMPLICITY involved in it's preparation. SUPER EASY and SUPER SENSATIONAL! Love this recipe, and dare I say that you will too??? Indeed, I do.

Lyd's Tips: Get a good size inexpensive pork roast and you can either freeze some of the left-overs in a zip-lock bag to heat up on a busy night, or it makes a great meal for a friend or neighbor. Super easy with some fresh rolls. I whipped up a batch of Afton's Easy Dinner Rolls and they went great together. (I also thought melted cheese would be happy on these sliders, in case you were wondering.) We have also used it in kind of a "nacho" form with cheese and chips and that was really good too.

South Carolina BBQ Pork Sliders
By Woman's Day Kitchen from Woman's Day; June 2, 2009 June 2, 2009
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours

1 slow-cooker liner (Slick clean-up, but not nessessary.)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp each paprika and dried minced onion
1 1/2 tsp salt-free chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp allspice (optional)
4 lb bone-in pork shoulder roast
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sliced scallions
24 small dinner rolls, split
Accompaniments: hot pepper sauce, coleslaw

1. Line a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker with liner. Mix 1 Tbsp of the brown sugar, the paprika, minced onion, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and allspice. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp into bottom of slow-cooker. Rub remaining mixture over pork. Add vinegar and remaining brown sugar to slow-cooker; stir to mix. Add pork.
2. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until pork is fork-tender. Remove pork to cutting board and pull into shreds. Return to slow-cooker; add scallions and toss to coat.
3. Put about 1/4 cup onto each bun bottom. Top with bun tops.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: