Saturday, September 25, 2010

Healthy Raisin and Nut Truffle Ball

My friend Melissa brought over this healthy snack for me to sample. I just have to tell you that this one is brilliant! It is so easy to prepare and it is totally "craving" satisfying. If you have a food processor, you are so stinkin' lucky! I had to use my blender, and it still worked, but it was a little harder. Melissa also made a raw chocolate and coconut one that was amazing- I need to get the recipe. This one is supper simple though- you've got to try it! It is surprising how yummy it is! My kids really liked them, and they thought it was dessert. :)

Healthy Raisin and Nut Truffle Balls (From Melissa Rauch)
1 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans work best because they are a bit more moist)
1 cup raisins (I used dried cranberries because I didn't have raisins at the time and it was really yummy and worked great. I bet you could really get creative with dried fruit!)
1 tsp vanilla (or less)

That is seriously it! You just put it in a food processor (or blender with a lot of love) until it mixes really well, then you just form little balls with your fist-- very rough little balls if you are like me. Notice Melissa's lovely, perfectly spherical balls at the top. :) Hey- they taste the same either way! :) I froze mine and whenever I need a little snack I pull them out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

That is a GOOD IDEA. I'll bet they're tasty too. (It does look a bit like #2 . . .)