Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peanut Butter-Kiss Cookies

Happy Late Easter! Hope you had a good one.

Have any of those left over holiday chocolates? (My friend gave me 15 little bags of foil covered chocolates hearts in the mesh bags she got from an after v-day sale, so I'm trying to be creative. Share your ideas PLEASE! :) Here is one good way to put them to use. Admittedly, I'm not one for "cake-mix" cookies... mainly because... well, they taste a lot like cake mix. But I really think adding the peanut butter really helped on this one. I wasn't going to eat them, and then I tried a bite and I was pleasantly surprised. Needless to say, I finished off the cookie... and a couple more. :) These are great ones to make in a hurry- a quick recipe! (I got this from Stephanie Ashcraft's "101 Things To Do With a Cake Mix.")

Peanut Butter-Kiss Cookies
1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
3/4 peanut butter
1 package Hershey's Kisses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil until mixture reaches brownie consistency. Mix peanut butter into the dough. Drop balls of dough onto a lightly greased pan. Place an unwrapped chocolate kiss in the center of each ball.

Bake 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan and cool.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea :) said...

Looks delicious! I love reading all your recipes. Thanks! :)

I would probably coarsely chop the remaining chocolates and use them like chocolate chips in cookies. So you would have chocolate chunk cookies instead. ;)

jess and seth said...

I know you would not say so of yourself, but I hope your friends tell you you are clever, Mrs. E. I like this idea, and we have several of all of the above: candies, cake mixes, and jars of peanut butter. I feel the same way about the cake mix recipes, but I've found they are easy and huge hits for ward parties, etc.

By the way--I totally stole your LinkWithin idea--I love that! So you can check it out on my reading blog. AND I actually posted on our family blog! Hallelujah!

jmelgan said...

These are my favorite cookie to bake and a family tradition! I was going to make these for the shower today, but did not since my recipe takes so long to make. I love the idea of using the eggs and hearts. Very cool.