Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cafe Rio Chicken


I got this recipe from my friend Megan- an amazing cook! She is always experimenting with something fun. One time she brought over fudge made with black beans. (How cool is that? I still need to get the recipe- it tasted great- you would never know!) I'm such a Cafe Rio fan, that anything with that name is a must try. (If you haven't tried the cafe rio pork, it is time!!!) This is a super simple recipe using the beloved crock pot. :) I thought it was great! We made ours into kind of a Mexican Pita, using flat bread and rice, beans, and lettuce. It was delicious! I'll be making this one again!

Cafe Rio Chicken
1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (8 oz.) (I used the packet mix and prepared as directed but used less oil.)
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
3 cloves garlic (minced)
5 lbs. chicken breast

Cook all together in a crock pot on high for 4 hours. Shred meat and cook one additional hour.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: