Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy-Day Baked Fish

What a fabulous way to have fish! This made a great Sunday dinner! I got the fish all coated and breaded, kept them in the fridge until I got home from church and popped them in the oven for about a half an hour and we were good to go. Doug and I agreed that this was one of the best ways to have some fish and I loved that I could do a bunch at a time.

Busy-Day Baked Fish (Taste of Home)
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (I subbed 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup sour cream)
2 tablespoons onion soup mix
1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
2-1/2 pounds fish fillets
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and soup mix. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Cut fish into serving-size pieces; coat with sour cream mixture, then roll in crumbs.
Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 406 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

Hey--I just bought some dover sole--what do you think I could use instead of the onion soup mix? Maybe I"ll just have to buy some.

Lyd Stew said...

I thing you just need something "mixy" with a strong flavor to over power the fish a bit- I actually used onion dip mix- but same dif right?