Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pop Up Pancakes

I have really happy memories of pop-up pancakes! We used to beg my mom to make them for us. I remember being so fascinated by the big air pockets. We would fight over who got the crispy corner pieces. I thought it was a fun idea to put them in muffin tins. They turned out great. Hope you enjoy! I sure did!

Pop Up Pancake Recipe - makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • dash salt
  • Preheat oven at 400*
I like to blend all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use the electic mixer, but it seems to get the most smooth with a blender. Then grease your muffin tins or baking pan. My mom likes to bake these in a jelly roll pan.

Bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out.Now they are ready for toppings. I love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. You could even use fresh Strawberry Jam. We usually load it all on and dive in.

No comments: