Wednesday, September 3, 2008

BBQ Drumsticks

My Sweet mom knows what I love! I got this cookbook in the mail the other day and I have been pouring over it ever since! I have found so many fun new recipes to try! Thank you mom! This was an AMAZING recipe I found right off the bat! Oh boy howdy... It was good! I have never broiled anything before and man- was this worth every minute it took to prepare! I think the cinnamon is what tipped it over the edge for me! What a flavor! By the way... I found this whole package of drumsticks on sale for .95 a pound (pretty cheap for chicken!) so I probably spent about $4-5 on the whole meal. That's the way we like it... cheap and tasty!





BBQ Drumsticks
12 chicken drumsticks
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablestoons oil (plus some for drizzling)
1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons tomato pasted (I didn't have any so I used ketchup)
3/4 cup yellow mustard
3/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup chicken stalk

*Preheat oven broiler to high and situate the rack 6 to 8 inches from the heat sauce.
Place drumsticks on a slotted broiler pan and season them liberally with salt and pepper. Drizzle the drumsticks with a little oil and place under the broiler for 6 minutes. Flip them over and place them back in for another 6 minutes. While the drumsticks are broiling, start the sauce.

*Heat a small saucepan with a tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add onion, garlic, slat, pepper, chili powder, and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add honey, tomato paste, 1/2 cup of the yellow mustard, 1/2 cup of cider vinegar, the Worcestershire sauce, and 3/4 cup of the chicken stalk.

No comments: