Monday, September 15, 2008

Costini

This is one of my favorites! It is so fast, easy, and completely delicious! Doug loves it- I think it is kindof a "man meal"- it is sort of like pizza, but better. :) My friend Emily- the one who introduced me to the Cafe' Rio dish, gave me this one as well. She has an amazing stash of good recipes and this is definitely one of them! You MUST try this! Your family will thank you for it!

Costini
1/3 Cup olive oil
1 Cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 Cup mozzarella cheese, grated
(If you're low on cheese, I substitute cottage cheese and it tastes good)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can olives chopped
Garlic chopped, or powder/salt
Chopped onions
Ham slices
French Bread

*Mix all ingredients except bread, add desired seasonings. Cut French Bread in half and spread mixture on top. You can also add cheese on top. Bake at 300 for 15 minutes.

No comments: