Monday, September 22, 2008

Chicken Crescents

My sister got this recipe from our cousin Christy. It was so easy and Doug told me to put it on our top 10 favorites. :) He really liked it. Be sure to serve it up with a hefty helping of veggies. :) You'll enjoy this simple, delicious recipe! Thanks Jess and Christy!

Chicken Crescents
4-5 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used my crock pot Italian Chicken)
8 oz package cream cheese
2-3 tbs lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
1 container refrigerated Crescent Rolls (I used two, but maybe you can fill them up more than I did.)

*Mix all but the last ingredient in a bowl. Unroll crescent rolls and scoop mixture onto the widest part. Pinch and seal edges together. You can also roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for about15-20 minutes. (Just watch until it starts turning golden brown.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

E said...

mm. i make these too, and mike loves them. i add a sauce to mine - one pound of sour cream mixed with one can of cream of chicken, heated over the stove. its delicious!

Michelle said...

I was going to say it goes really well with the sauce so its not so dry (same one Emily uses) and brown rice/veggies. The extra sauce can be yummy on the rice, and I often use the leftover rice/sauce for haystack dinners (just add a little chicken). We also add a little bit of basil in ours, but I'll have to try it with lemon. Sounds good.