Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fruity Homemade Ice Cream


Ok... so at a recent baby shower, I experienced "heaven on a spoon"! This was incredible! My mouth is watering now just thinking about it. I am so glad that my new friend Leslie took me serious and actually sent me the recipe, because this was unreal... I thought I would post it quick so that you could stock up on ingredients and make the yummy goodness soon! Sorry not to have a picture- I will make it as soon as I can get a hold of an ice cream maker. :) Won't be long. :)

Here are Leslie's tips:
"I kind of throw in whatever ripe fruit I have around the house in it. I usually add peaches and blueberries. I would definitely recommend either blending it all together in an actual blender or dicing very tiny all of the fruit. It just tastes better that way. If you actually blend it, it tastes just like a yogurt smoothie! Delicious! I have also found that if you don't have the OJ concentrate that you can just juice an actual orange and add some of the rind and it is just as good. But it is important to add actual LEMON (and orange if you use the orange) to the recipe, otherwise it doesn't have that ZING to it. Well, I hope you have fun with it!
Have a great day!"
-Leslie

Fruity Homemade Ice Cream

**This recipe is for a six quart sized ice cream maker.
If you have a smaller one just half everything.

1 quart whipping cream
4 cups sugar
1 pkg. frozen raspberries (12 oz.)
1 pkg. sliced sweetened frozen
strawberries
1 large can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
4 bananas chopped
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup lemon juice

Place all ingredients in big bowl and
stir till combined. Dump into ice cream
maker cylinder. Add milk to the fill line, leaving
1 ½ in. from the top. (Make according to your
ice cream maker instructions. If yours uses ice and rock salt,
I usually use either 1 1/2 bags of ice, or get a really big bag.) Enjoy!!!

No comments: