Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Warm White Bean and Tuna Quesadillas

IMG_2071

I was about to make the “typical” tuna fish sandwich for lunch, but I found this recipe stuck to the top of a tuna can, and was quite inspired. I thought I would “make my own dang quesadillas.” I’m glad I shifted my thinking, because this ended up being surprisingly delicious. It was really easy, and all the family loved it. I also thought it was a great way to sneak in some beans and spinach, which, unfortunate I didn’t have much of. This makes a tasty fast lunch, and I think you’ll like the depth of flavor the lemon juice adds!

    Warm White Bean and Tuna Quesadillas (from Bumblebee.com)

    • 1 can (16 oz.) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    • 2 cans (6 oz. ea.) tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
    • 1/4 cup Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • 2 tsp. lemon juice
    • 1/4 tsp. salt
    • 4 (8-in.) fajita size flour tortillas
    • 4 slices Mozzarella or Provolone Cheese
    • 1 cup baby spinach leaves
    1. Lightly mash beans in medium bowl. Stir in tuna, Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice and salt. Evenly spread tuna salad onto 2 tortillas, then top with cheese, spinach and remaining tortillas.
    2. Cook in 10-inch nonstick skillet lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat, turning once, 5 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.

No comments: