Saturday, February 19, 2011

Never Underestimate the Power of 4-H... whence came My Microwaved Egg McMuffin


I am a proud previous 4H'er. However, while my friends were shearing sheep and raising up baby pigs, I was taking "Microwave Cooking." No... I'm not making that up, there really was a microwave cooking class. (Which I completely loved, by the way, so keep your thoughts to yourself. :) I don't remember all the "nuked" goodness I produced, but there was one in particular that stuck with me... and aren't you lucky, because I'm going to share it with you. :) This was what I had for breakfast pretty much EVERY DAY during my college experience. It was quick, easy and delicious, and made all my room-mates jelous. But it has been quite a while, and the other morning, I remembered my little microwaved gem... never to forget again! :)

*I'm going to give a recipe for 1 serving, but you can crank as many out as you please. :) This is a really handy technique if you are just making 1 or 2, but if you are mass producing, you might just want to scramble up some eggs, unless you have several microwaves handy. :)

Microwaved Egg McMuffin
1 English muffin or prepared biscuit (I like to use whole wheat English muffins)
1-2 eggs
A little mayo and mustard
1 big slice of cheese
ham, bacon, or sausage patties

Cook meat of choice and have other ingredients ready for fast assembly. Spread mayo and mustard on toasted English muffin.

Spray a hot chocolate/coffee mug with pam-spray to lightly coat the bottom and sides. Crack 1-2 eggs in and stir well with a fork until yoke is ruptured (Am I allowed to use that word with regards to cooking?) and incorporated. Microwave for 1 minute if you are doing 2 eggs and about 40 seconds if you are making one (but they cook fast, so watch it close and don't let it explode. :) Let it cool for a second and use a spoon to loosen the edges.

Place cooked egg on a toasted English muffin with cheese and meat. I like to microwave for another 20-30 seconds to melt cheese and make sure it's hot. Enjoy your EASY, YUMMY breakfast!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: