Thursday, June 10, 2010

Perfect Asian Pasta

This is another great one for kids to help with from Annabel Karmel's "Mom and Me Cookbook." Amberlee had a lot of fun helping me with this one. I really liked the sauce- it had a fun Asian flavor that took me by surprise. This is a quick and easy dish to prepare. Whole wheat noodles taste great in it too.

Lyd's Tip: Whenever you are going to the trouble of cooking chicken, whether it is boiling, grilling, frying, or slow cooking it, always throw an extra chicken breast in, and refrigerate it. It is great for meals like this. The next day, when your not sure what to make for lunch or dinner, you can just pull it out and slice it up, and throw it in a chicken salad or something like this. Great way to speed things up. I like to slow cook my chicken in a little bit of Italian Dressing. The less I have to handle it, the better. It is always moist and has a good flavor.

Perfect Pasta
2 cooked chicken breasts
1 cup sweet corn
2 green onions
2 cups broccoli 7 oz pasta shapes

For the Dressing:
4 T honey
2 T rice wine vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
2 T soy sauce
1 T sesame oil (I used olive oil)

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Add the broccoli for the last 3 minutes. (I didn't catch that- I microwaved my broccoli, but it was still a bit undercooked. I think I would be a much better cook it I would thoroughly read my instructions. :)
Tear the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces. Remove any fat or skin.
Carefully slice the green onions.
Make a dressing by whisking together the honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
Mix together the pasta, broccoli, chickens, green onions, sweet corn, and dressing.
Dish it up and EAT!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: