Friday, June 4, 2010

Egg Drop Soup

My cute sis-in-law and my brother stayed with us for a few days and TALK ABOUT A GOOD DEAL-- she totally cooked for me! She made some of the best dishes I've ever sampled! It was completely wonderful. Those are the kind of guests I'll keep around! One night she made incredible fried rice (posting soon) and she even kicked it off with Egg Drop Soup- it was quite tasty! I've never had it done "properly"- I always throw an egg or two in our Top Ramen and call it "Egg Drop Soup", but that will just never do now that I know what the real thing is. :)

Egg Drop Soup (Simple and Delicious)
3 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 green onion, sliced

In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

I need Amy around--we never ever make Chinese food (except for Stir fry, which makes Lydia croak). I'm going to have to try these out.