Thursday, June 24, 2010

Creamy Pasta Alfredo

I know I have made something similar to this before, but this is such a quick and easy way to make "restaurant-rival" pasta Alfredo, that it is hard not to repeat myself. I like to add other veggies in it if I have them on hand- I'll put my additions in red. This is also a great way to use up left over ham- can you tell I made a big ham and I've been working through it! :)

Creamy Pasta Alfredo (Adapted from KraftFoods)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 chopped green onion
1-2 chopped bell peppers (I like to use red)

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1 cup peas
1 avocado
1 pkg. Honey Ham, chopped
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 lb. mostaccioli, uncooked (you can use any pasta)
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
I also like to add salt,pepper, basil and oregano and add it to the sauteing onions to bring out the flavor.

SPRAY large skillet with cooking spray. (I just like to use a little olive oil.) Add onion (red pepper and I like to add the ham at this point.); cook 5 min. on medium-high heat until tender. Add cream cheese and broth to skillet. Bring to boil, stirring to mix ingredients. Add peas, ham and 2 Tbsp. of the Parmesan cheese. Keep warm.
MEANWHILE, cook mostaccioli as directed on package; drain.
TOSS hot mostaccioli with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Healthy Living
Save over 25% fat per serving, by preparing as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese. You will also trim 30 calories!

Cooking Know-How
Use a large pot of water to cook pasta so it has room to move and won't stick together.
Do not rinse the pasta or the sauce will slide off. Toss hot pasta immediately with sauce for great coverage.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: