Monday, February 1, 2010

Easy Party Meatballs


I saw this recipe on the Kraftfood site and thought I would try it out. I liked the flavor and texture it added. I also liked how many it made. I was able to put the extra in bags and freeze it for one of the "busy night" meals. I used turkey burger and I don't know if it is just more moist but I ended up changing (in green) the recipe a bit to get the right consistency. The changes made it easy and I think I ended up with quite a bit more. (3 cookie sheets full)

Easy Part Meatballs
1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef (2-3 lbs. turkey burger)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken (2 pkg.)
2/3 cup water (omit)
2 cans (8 oz. each) crushed pineapple, drained (1 20 oz. undrained)
1 bottle (18 oz.) KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce or KRAFT Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

HEAT oven to 425ºF. Mix meat, stuffing mix and water. Shape into 1-inch balls.

PLACE in 13x9-inch baking dish.

BAKE 20 min. or until cooked through (160ºF). Stir in pineapple, barbecue sauce and sugar. Bake 10 min. or until sauce is heated through.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: