Friday, September 25, 2009

Linguine Pesto with Italian Chicken Strips


I saw this one in simple and Delicious a while back and I think I am just fascinated by Pesto in general. Sometimes it works really well and sometimes it just flops, and you can't even pretend to like it. It intrigus me, so I keep giving it a change, and this happened to be one of those times it just worked well! Yippy! This was a great mix- something about it jsut went well- usually red pepper seems too strong for me, but it wasn't in this. Made a great week night meal!

Linguine Pesto with Italian Chicken Strips
8 oz. uncooked linguine (obvisouly I was out of linguine and used penne- hope I won't get in trouble. :)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) ready-to-use grilled Italian Chicken Strips (I used 2 sliced chicken breasts from my crockpot Italian Chicken recipe.)
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 jar (3-1/2 oz.) prepared pesto
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Add the chicken, cheese, corn, pesto, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes and pepper. Toss to coat. (yield: 4 servings)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: