Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kielbasa Chili


I am going to dedicate this one to my dad and brothers- they love polish sausages. (I've never been to keen myself- in fact this was the first time I ever bought one! So you can imagine my surprise at the delicious flavor!) This was such an easy meal to throw together; just open a few cans and do a tiny bit of chopping and you've got a great meal on the table in no time!

Kielbasa Chili
1 lb. smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) chili with beans
1 can (8-3/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (2-1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained

In a big pot or Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute kielbasa until browned. Stir iin the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through (yield: 7 servings)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri said...

I went through your blog at the beginning of this week and pretty much planned all my meals from it! This chili was one of them. I loved the unique flavor that the sausages brought to the chili. I did add a few things to mine to spice up the flavor. I had some Cilantro Salsa that needed to be used up which gave the chili a wonderful spicy and unique flavor and I also added some black and kidney beans. Thanks for the recipes.