Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Italian Pasta Salad


This is a side dish my in-laws always make for get-togethers, and it had really grown on me, so I'll share the recipe.

Italian Pasta Salad
8 ounces rotini pasta
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 large diced tomato
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
*Sometimes they throw cucumbers there, but when they do, I ask myself, "Why?" :) I don't get along very well with cucumbers, but if you do, by all means, add them (as long as I'm not coming to dinner. :)
1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
  2. In large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, cheese, and olives. Toss well with dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: