Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chilled Melon Soup

I saw this one in Simple and Delicious and it sounded so good to me, and that Strawberry Soup was so good last time, that I thought I better try another fruit soup. This one was interesting. I thought I was pretty funny when I served it for dinner because it was "Soup". The family didn't know what to think, but it was what I was in the mood for. :) Doug and I just couldn't decide if it was a dessert or not. I thought it was good, but deep down inside, I feel like you really can't beat the taste and texture of a plain old slice of cantaloupe, so I couldn't help but wonder if it was a good idea to puree it. :) I don't know- give it a try and tell me what you think.

Chilled Melon Soup
3/4 cup orange juice
1 cup (8 oz) plain yogurt
1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cubed
1 T honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
6 mint sprigs
I know it was naught, but I had to add 3-4 T of sugar so I knew it was a dessert.

Place the orange juice, yogurt, and cantaloupe in a blender, cover and process until pureed. (I used my immersion blender and a big bowl.) Add the honey, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with mint springs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: