Monday, October 26, 2009

Sauteed Filet Mignon Recipe


Well, I tried it. I have always wanted to try out filet mignon. It just sounds so fancy, I wanted to see if I could do it. It really was delicious, but I also discovered was that I can't handle pink- my meat has to be cooked through. I really tried, but I had to put it back in the pan twice. I don't like the over done, but no pink. :) Sure had a yummy flavor. I got these on sale, but I think this would be a yummy sauce for any steak. Bacon is just a good idea in general!

Sauteed Filet Mignon Recipe

Prep Time: :5

Cook Time: :10

Ingredients:

  • 2 (1-1/4 to 1-1/2-inch thick filet mignon steaks (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
  • Balsamic Vinegar Pan Sauce:
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup dry vermouth (Just left it out.)
  • 1/4 cup beef or chicken stock
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:

Season the filet mignon steaks generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the rosemary.

In a medium, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Put in the filet mignon steaks and fry them for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare (the internal temperature should be 120 to 130 degrees F.). Remove and cover loosely to keep them warm while you prepare the sauce.

To make the Balsamic Vinegar Pan Sauce:
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat, leaving any meat juices in the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and saute the garlic for 15 seconds, stirring. Add the vermouth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Raise the heat to high and reduce the vermouth to a syrup. Pour in the stock, soy sauce and vinegar. Boil until the sauce just reduces to a syrup. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, if you wish. (It adds fat but gives the sauce a velvety texture.) Taste for salt and pepper. Pour over the filet mignon steaks and serve.

Yield: 2 servings
Posted by Picasa

No comments: