I discovered a fun new site with good recipes for cakes and cookies and such: http://www.duncanhines.com/ That was were I found this yummy recipe for a spice cake. I thought they have some fun ideas on there. I plan to make that pumpkin for my daughters birthday party.
Old Fashioned Applesauce Spice Cake
- 1 pkg Spice Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 container Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into bake pan.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack. Turn right-side up. Cool completely.
- For frosting, combine frosting and cinnamon;. Stir until blended. Spread over cooled cake.