Thursday, October 15, 2009

Creamy Vegetable Pasta Skillet

Did you make to much spaghetti and not enough sauce (that happens to me every time- I just can't seem to get the proportions right). Well, if you did, that is just perfect!!!! I came across this delicious recipe last night on the Kraft Food blog. I love that you can just type in a couple of ingredients you have on hand to find a recipe that works. I think that is such a handy feature! I wish I could include it on mine, but alas, I am not so "techno-savvy". But I will include this AMAZING recipe! This was so delicious! I just added some sliced ham to make it a meal and it turned out great- a big hit with everyone, and it took me no time to put together!

Creamy Vegetable Pasta Skillet
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
1 zucchini, sliced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) Cream Cheese
1/2 cup fat-free milk (Ok- I'm terrible, but rather than fat-free, I used heavy cream- perhaps that was why it was so good.)
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves (I just used dried oregano and basil)
1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
7 oz. spaghetti, cooked, drained
About 1 cup sliced ham

COOK and stir vegetables in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat until crisp-tender.

ADD reduced-fat cream cheese, milk, Parmesan and seasonings; mix well. Cook on low heat until reduced-fat cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.

DRAIN hot spaghetti; place in large bowl. Add sauce; toss to coat.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: