- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef (at least 90 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted green olives (2 ounces) (I don't care for green olives, so as you can see, I used black. They were delicious.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- I also added a pinch of salt and hamburger seasoning
Combine the turkey or beef, olives, parsley, cumin, and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated. Shape into 4 burgers.
Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high heat or prepare an outdoor grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Serving suggestion: Serve on whole-wheat buns, garnished with slices of tomato and lettuce, with ketchup and mustard on the side.
Serving size 1 burger