Sunday, May 9, 2010

Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies


My friend Debra shared this delicious cookie recipe with me. I thought they were great! (The type you can really loose control with and you find yourself eating the whole batch within the course of a day... possibly and hour. :) That was why I appreciated Debra's tips on freezing- why has it never occurred to me to do that? She's brilliant and she makes good cookies. Now you can be both as well! :) Thanks Debra!

Handy Tip from Debra: They taste great frozen as well (I usually freeze some cookies when I make some, helps them last longer when I don't see them sitting on my counter!). Sometimes I buy ice cream (vanilla or mint chip) are our favorites and I put a little scoop in between two cookies and then freeze them for a yummy homemade chipwich sandwich, we LOVE those as well. They are super easy to make. Enjoy!

Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 pkg. Better Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened (I always use butter)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. nuts (I never use nuts, love nuts, but not really in cookies)
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat half of dry cake mix, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth, or mix with a spoon. Stir in remaining cake mix, nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. No changes for high altitude.

(Don't overbake, these are much better soft!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: