Sunday, September 1, 2013

Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce


I had a friend share a package of the costco meatballs with me... quite handy!  I also like to make my own homemade meatballs, too.  Once you've made them though, you need a way to dress them up a bit.  This worked well for a busy weeknight.

Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce (Food.com)
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil ( I used Olive oil)
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup low-fat milk ( I used whole milk because that's what I had on hand)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 lb frozen meatballs ( I had made my own)
1/2 lb linguine, uncooked ( I used spaghetti, but I think any rice would be ok too)
*I also added paprika, salt and pepper and a little extra cream.

Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
Stir in soup, milk, and Worcestershire sauce.
Add meatballs.
Cover; simmer 10-15 minutes or until meatballs are thawed and heated.

Serve over noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley (I used dry Italian seasoning).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: