I wanted to make a nice Asian meal for Doug a while back… ok Valentine’s Day, I think it was—I know, I’m a little behind on some of my posts. :) Anyway, I ended up cooking up these yummy steaks- this recipe was for flank steaks, and I can’t remember what cut this was, but it wasn’t that. They still tasted good and I used my “George Forman” to grill them up. They had a yummy flavor, and I mixed up some yummy Asian veggies to go on the side- I used broccoli, zucchini, peppers, carrots, and onions, and I flavored it with teriyaki sauce and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch—nothing too fancy, but it made a great side dish with the steaks.
Asian Marinated Steak (grouprecipes.com)
- 1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- pinch crushed chili flakes
- 1 lb beef flank steak
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients in a Ziploc baggie.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Bring out meat from fridge, let stand 30 minutes.
- Pat steak dry, place under broiler or on hot grill 4 minutes a side.
- Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.