Hey- it’s Muffin Monday… or wait, Saturday. :) You won’t feel one bit of guilt eating these healthy muffins. They were surprisingly tasty too! The prunes are actually pretty good in them- they add some moisture. They mix up fast too, which is always nice. A healthy breakfast or snack!
Healthy Oat & Prune Muffins (Susanna Tee, 1 Mix, 100 Muffins)
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (I went ahead and did whole wheat, why not if we’re thinking healthy?)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- heaping 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- scant 2 cups rolled oats
- heaping 3/4 cup pitted prunes chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with cases.
3. Sift together the flour and the baking powder and then stir in the sugar, oats and prunes.
4. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and then add the milk, oil, vanilla extract.
5. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Stir gently until just combined, do not over mix.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
8. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack and allow to cool completely.