This is a nice quick one for a busy night—it seems like I can never get enough of those… even for the nights that I’m not that busy. :) I love that on the Kraft site, I can just plug in a couple ingredients I might have and they can generate a recipe for me. I didn’t have VELVEETA cheese, so I just ended up leaving that out and sprinkling grated cheese on at the end. It was pretty tasty.
Cheesy Beef and Pasta Skillet (kraftfoods.com)
- 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (I used red bell peppers, because that is what I had on hand.)
- 2 oz. VELVEETA 2% Milk Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
COOK meat with onions, cumin and chili powder in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 min. or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
ADD tomatoes, water, pasta and peppers; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 18 to 20 min. or until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
STIR in VELVEETA; cook 2 min. or until melted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper along with the onions, cumin and chili powder.
Substitute a green bell pepper for the yellow pepper.