Thursday, November 18, 2010

Banana Bread Minis

It is hard to compete with Doug's banana bread, but I came across this recipe in my Kraft magazine, and I thought I would give it a shot. I was a little nervous that it would take on that "cake-mix" and "artificial-pudding" flavor, but surprisingly, it didn't. So this is a nice one it you are in a hurry, but you are still wanting something nice and homemade. I liked the nuts... which is definitely an acquired taste. I can so remember as a kid just begging my mom not to ruin it with nuts. :)

Banana Bread Minis (Kraftfoods.com)
(This makes 4 mini loaves.)
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Banana Cream Flavor Instant Pudding
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts

HEAT oven to 350ºF.
BEAT first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer 2 min. or until well blended. Add bananas and nuts; mix just until blended.
POUR into 5 foil mini loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: