Monday, December 1, 2008

Club-Style Turkey Enchiladas


This is another great one for Turkey left-overs. What a great taste- so different from the Thanksgiving leftovers I have been having all week! I think the bacon really adds to it! (Bacon and butter make everything better- as Paula Dean would say!) And lets face it- I am truly not much of a food photographer. I'll have moments, but they pass quickly, and this sure wasn't one of them, no matter how hard I try, so I'm stealing someone elses, too, in order to lure you into this yummy recipe. :)

Club-Style Turkey Enchiladas
8 bacon strips, chopped
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper (I only had green and it worked great)
1/3 cup chopped onion
10 oz thinly sliced cooked turkey, shredded
1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss (or mozzarella) cheese, divided
1/4 tap salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 yellow corn tortillas, warmed (I substituted flour tortillas)
1 carton (10 oz) refrigerated Alfredo sauce (I used about 2/3 jar of ragu alfredo)
1/4 cup milk
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 can tomatoes, well drained (I chopped up 2 fresh)

In a large skillet, saute the bacon, red peppers and onion until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender; drain. Cool slightly.

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bacon mixture, 1 cup cheese, salt, and pepper. Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9 baking dish. In a small bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and milk; pour over top.

Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: