Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grandma Lou's Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I just had to post this in honor of the day and all my happy memories of Grandma Lou at Thanksgiving. She was such an amazing cook, and I was lucky to come across some of her recipe cards and copy them down a couple years ago. Hope you enjoy this one- it's the real deal and it's coming from the heart! (I made it last night and it turned out great!)

Grandma Lou's Pumpkin Pie Recipe: (Makes two pumpkin pies)
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
1/2 cup milk (I have no doubt she would have used cream or half and half. She was just that way.)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
6 eggs
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (She didn't have that down, but I had it and the name just makes it seem so appropriate. :)

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into uncooked pastry shell 450 for 15 minutes and then 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: