Monday, November 10, 2008

Good Morning BLueberry Bran Muffins

Don't yummy blueberry muffins just make you happy in the morning. They sure do me. My only wish is that I had a magic fairy who would pre-make them for me so I wouldn't have to. :) Yummy way to start the day- it is worth the "hassle". :) Also- this is a good source of fiber- I'm trying to "up" that in my diet.

Good Morning Blueberry Bran Muffins
15 oz can applesauce (just over a cup)
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup All-Bran (I mixed mine in the blender to make it smooth)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 cups blueberries (I used a bag of frozen)

In a bowl, combine applesauce, oil, milk, and eggs. Stir in bran; let stand for 5 minutes. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon, and salt. Stir in bran mixture just until blended. Fold in blueberries. (Batter will be thick.)

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. (I made 18)

Sugar tops:
I just melted a little bit of butter, dipped the muffins in and then dipped them into a small bowl of sugar. Works best when they are kind of warm.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer V said...

Wow. I'm finally here on your blogs and loving them! When I need a little chuckle, I'll be sure to stop by!