Sunday, November 2, 2008

Doug's Favorite Chicken Enchilada's

This is a recipe from my sister, Jessica. I have added a couple things, but it was a hit for Doug from day one! He has begged me to have Enchilada Mondays... but ever since I tried it with whole wheat tortilla shells- which I would not recommend, I haven't made them as often. It was pretty much the only time he has complained at all about anything I have ever made. And it broke my heart! :) He really is SO supportive of my cooking- I appreciate his willingness to let me explore- I know not all men are like that. I'm a lucky gal! We like to kind of do it casserole style- I almost think it makes it go further.

Doug’s Favorite Chicken Enchiladas
· 1-2 Chicken breasts, diced (I nuke & chop them or do my Crockpot Italian chicken)
· 1 can cream of chicken
· 1 can enchilada sauce
· 1 can chilies (optional-too spicy for me :)
· 3-4 tbs sour cream
· 1 cup grated cheese
· Flour tortillas
· ½ can of olives, slices
· 1-2 Green Onions, chopped

*Cook chicken. Mix cream of chicken, chilies, chicken, sour cream, and ½ can enchilada sauce in a bowl. Layer casserole dish with tortilla, sauce mixture, cheese, etc. End with tortilla, then put more enchilada sauce, and cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 min. (you can also do individuals, just put sauce and cheese inside, roll up and place in dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lydia I'm going through trying to find new recipes and just had to leave a comment. That's sad about the whole wheat tortillas. We did it with ours and we honestly couldn't tell a difference. I guess everybody has different senses or something. :)