Thursday, August 28, 2008

Coconut Shrimp with Lime Dressing

Hey- I thought I would try something new and different for me and it actually turned out pretty good! The whole time I could hear my dad in my head saying in a Jamaican accent "You take de lime and de coconut and mix 'em all up." The Shrimp was great (Really liked the cilantro/lime thing going on!) and we just fried them up on "George". The Dressing was a little strong, but with the shrimp it tasted pretty good. Good luck!

Coconut Shrimp with Lime Dressing:
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
3 Thai Bird Chiles, minced ( I just used a small can of green chilies)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 pounds large shrimp (I just used the small because they were cheaper- if you can call shrimp cheap. :)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine coconut, chiles, garlic, cilantro and lime juice in a shallow dish. Marinate shrimp in mixture for 1/2 hour. Season with salt and pepper and grill about 3 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.

Lime Dressing:
1 cup sour cream
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 small shallot, finely diced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped scotch bonnet pepper (Not sure what that was?)
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine ingredients in a small bowl, and chill until ready to serve.

No comments: